Re: A problem with xconfig

From: George Anzinger
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 05:34:31 EST

Sam Ravnborg wrote:
On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 02:55:33PM -0800, George Anzinger wrote:

In looking at the makefile history, it would appear that libkconfig.so has been deleted from the build. It seems, however, that qconf has not gotten the message:

make O=/usr/src/ver/makena/obj/ xconfig ARCH=i386
HOSTCXX scripts/kconfig/qconf.o
HOSTLD scripts/kconfig/qconf
scripts/kconfig/qconf arch/i386/Kconfig
./scripts/kconfig/libkconfig.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [xconfig] Error 1
make[1]: *** [xconfig] Error 2
make: *** [xconfig] Error 2

It used to be so but was addressed in a patch to scripts/kconfig/Makefile
a few weeks ago. Do you see it with latest -linus / -mm?

Gosh, did I do that. Forgot to say it was the 2.6.9 kernel. Am I the only one using xconfig??

--
George Anzinger george@xxxxxxxxxx