Re: patch RTAI (fusion-0.6.4) with kernel 2.6.9 on Fedora Core 3

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 14:24:16 EST

On Maw, 2004-11-30 at 18:40, Yihan Li wrote:
> Help needed!
> I am trying to patch RTAI (fusion-0.6.4) with kernel 2.6.9 on Fedora Core 3.
> The following steps are what I was following:

You don't want base 2.6.9 anyway because it has lots of bad bugs in it
and security holes. It also won't compile with a modern gcc.

One fix is to unpack the Fedora Core 3 update kernel which is 2.6.9 +
some
bits of -ac + other fixes, and then apply it to that. The changes are
fairly
small so it probably will work especially if you drop the 4G/4G patch
out.

Otherwise you can get collections of 2.6.9 fix patches from the 2.6.9-ac
tree
and two or three others.