Re: [RFC] Splitting kernel headers and deprecating __KERNEL__

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 18:26:14 EST

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Mariusz Mazur wrote:

> Userland? And who's using vanilla kernel headers in userland? Duplicates
> maintainers can always fix stuff independent of kernel (and I do).

Dammit, how hard is it for people to admit that they aren't the only ones
around?

There are still people who use ancient setups, and upgrade the kernel.
They won't complain to _you_ or to redhat when their setup breaks, because
they aren't _using_ your setup. They complain to me.

This is what statisticians call "self-selection". It means that you guys
only see the part of the world that uses your stuff, so you think that
there is nothing else.

> I don't get your point.

Very obviously.

Linus