Re: [lkdump-develop] Re: [ANNOUNCE 0/7] Diskdump 1.0 Release

From: Itsuro Oda
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 00:58:22 EST

Hi,

On 30 Nov 2004 15:56:45 +0530
Vivek Goyal <vgoyal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now kexec based dump is in -mm tree. Could you please have a look at the
> code and point out if any problems you see.

(I looked 2.6.10-rc1-mm3.)

At first crash_machine_kexec() should be called before bust_spinlock(0)
in the panic() function :-)

In disable_IO_APIC() (this is called from crash_dump_stop_cpus())
spin_lock_irqsave(&ioapic_lock, flags) is required. It may be cause
a deadlock. (The other CPU may be stoped with this lock hold.)

It seems no lock required except the point mentioned above from
crash_machine_kexec called to jumping the new kernel. I feel it is
fine.

(BTW. The disconnect_bsp_APIC() in the crash_dump_stop_cpus()
is called twice if both CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC and CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC
are set. The code is beter as follows.
#if defined(CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC)
disable_IO_APIC();
#elif defined(CONFIG_X86_LOCAL_APIC)