Re: 2.6.10-rc2-mm4 - cifs.ko needs unknown symbol CIFSSMBSetPosixACL

From: Steve French
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 02:35:18 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:

Steve French <smfltc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The CIFS code has had major recent update (most importantly the cifs_readdir rewrite which can be enabled in mm by "echo 1 > /proc/fs/cifs/NewReaddirEnabled",

Nobody will do that, so the new code won't get tested.

In keeping with my evil plan to drive -mm users insane, could I ask that
you send me a diff which will make the new readdir code default to "on"?

OK - done. Default is now to use cifs_readdir2 (new code) and to go back to the old code -
"echo 1 > /proc/fs/cifs/ReenableOldCifsReaddirCode"

The update is in the cifs bk tree (bk://cifs.bkbits.net/linux-2.5cifs) and this particular minor patch in diff -Nau form is:

http://cifs.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5cifs/gnupatch@41ad739b4xCWzpJKDse0JW4Ep5y3LQ