Re: Suspend 2 merge

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 15:45:32 EST

Hi.

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 21:08, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

> > > Actually, no, its not like that.
> > >
> > > User will click icon in KDE, and if it does not suspend & resume
> > > properly, distribution has problem to fix. And yes, it works well in
> > > SUSE9.2.
> >
> > I didn't know you had support for initramfs and initrd configurations
> > already. You are making progress.
>
> Well, no, not that one.
>
> OTOH for SUSE9.2 these things basically can not happen. (There's no
> wrong kernel you can click on ;-) -- either you boot normally, then
> there's just one kernel to boot, or you boot failsafe, and then you
> want to kill signatures etc.)

And it's impossible for you to accidentally select the failsafe?

Anyway, even if it is impossible, you're still only talking about one
particular set of circumstances; that's not necessarily the case for
everyone else, not should it necessarily be.

Regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ
died for the ungodly. -- Romans 5:6