Input/ACPI layer glitches switching from 2.6.7 to 2.6.9?

From: Romano Giannetti
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 03:51:48 EST

Hi all,

I have a couple of little problems switching from 2.6.7 to 2.6.9 with
respect to the input layer. I have a Sony Vaio FX701 which worked like a
charm on 2.6.7. Having an ALPS touchpad, both kernel where patched with
the corresponding patch from Peter Österlund (available at
http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/index.html ).

The first "problem" is maybe related to this. Switching from 2.6.7 to
2.6.9, enumeration of devices by EVDEV input module changed (touchpad was
event0 in 2.6.7, changed to event1 in 2.6.9) which make necessary a
switch of X config...

The second is more important. Someway, the detection by the acpid daemon
of "Fn+F12" (suspend to disk key) has turned flaky. I mean, I need to try
several times before the system recognize the key: I have to press it
in a specific sequence (first Fn down, than F12 down, than Fn up, then
F12 up) and yet only sometimes it is recognized.

I understand there is not much data here; but before spamming the list
with hundreds of unuseful logs, I would like to have some hint about
which kind of data is needed.

Thank you very much, have a nice day,

Romano

--
Romano Giannetti - Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2416 fax +34 915 596 569