Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm2-V0.7.32-0

From: Rui Nuno Capela
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 18:43:22 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:

> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> Ingo Molnar wrote:
>> >
>> > i have released the -V0.7.32-0 Real-Time Preemption patch, which can
>> > be downloaded from the usual place:
>> >

>> I have a bug to report, it shows on both of my machines (SMP and UP)
>> now running RT-V0.7.32-2. It seems to be present also on previous RT
>> releases, and don't even know if it's upstream.
>>
>> When one usb-storage flash stick is first time unplugged:
>
> hm, doesnt seem to be directly related to -RT. Could you try the vanilla
> -rc2-mm3 kernel, does it trigger there too?

No, it doesn't. Just tested on 2.6.10-rc2-mm3 (vanilla) and nothing wrong
happens. I can plug and unplug the USB flashram stick, and again, and
again, and everything stays fine.

On 2.6.10-rc2-mm3-RT-V0.7.32-2 I get trouble after the first time I unplug
the thingie. From then on I rather not touch it back again ;)

Take care.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@xxxxxxxxx