Re: [4/7] Xen VMM patch set : /dev/mem io_remap_page_range for CONFIG_XEN

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 19:42:46 EST

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 11:49:32PM +0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> So, do we think the best /dev/mem patch is to change the call to
> io_remap_page_range, and have a #ifdef for the SPARC case until
> the number of arguments gets unified?

Yes from my part ;). It looks more correct than calling
io_remap_page_range under an #ifdef CONFIG_XEN. One thing I don't know
is why for example sparc isn't already doing that (like XEN is already
doing that with your patch). Sparc and XEN are the only two archs where
io_remap_page_range isn't an alias to remap_pfn/page_range. It's much
nicer if we use io_remap_page_range in the same places for both sparc
and XEN. Though to get the final answer we should ask the sparc folks.