RE: realtek r8169 + kernel 2.4.24 (openmosix)

From: Nicholas Papadakos
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 08:19:34 EST

I must be doing something wrong cauz I still get the same error when I try
to apply the patch.

I use :
patch -p0 < r8169-mini-fix.patch

patching file drivers/net/r8169.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1161.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/net/r8169.c.rej

Dump of rej file :

***************
*** 1161,1167 ****

static inline void rtl8169_make_unusable_by_asic(struct RxDesc *desc)
{
- desc->addr = 0x0badbadbadbadbad;
desc->status &= ~cpu_to_le32(OWNbit | RsvdMask);
}

--- 1161,1167 ----

static inline void rtl8169_make_unusable_by_asic(struct RxDesc *desc)
{
+ desc->addr = 0x0badbadbadbadbadull;
desc->status &= ~cpu_to_le32(OWNbit | RsvdMask);
}

I saved the file from my windows machine (outlook 2003) to a samba share on
the machine needed to be patched.
I don't believe that has anything to do with it, right ?

When commenting the line out the module did compile but It still connection
froze after a while like before.

I tried to apply the patch in both kernel versions same result.
Am I missing something ?

Thank you for your patience
Regards,
Nicholas Papadakos