Re: CD-ROM problem on x86-64

From: Zoltan Boszormenyi
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 17:12:21 EST

Zoltan Boszormenyi írta:

I created /mnt/cdrom and
tried mounting /dev/hdc there (as root) but the mount hung...

With this I meant the machine is up and running but the mount process
is in D state and stays there. dmesg does not show anything about it.

And there is something else. When I log into GNOME, nautilus doesn't
come up immediately in neither X as before. After some minutes which
may be a timeout (or several timeouts) they come up with the chosen
background image and their icons. I say 'they' because with the
linuxconsole.sf.net patch it's possible to use several videocards,
keyboards and mice for different X consoles, and I logged in on both
consoles.

This was solved by using "elevator=deadline" boot option instead of
"elevator=cfq", both my removables devices are back and nautilus
starts up quickly as before. So these problems were related.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi