Re: Correctly determine amount of "free memory"

From: bert hubert
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 11:19:17 EST

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 05:57:09PM +0200, Gregory Giguashvili wrote:

> I'm using mlock(2), but the problem is that I need to allocate as much
> memory as possible without causing swapping, so I need to have _rough_
> estimate before actually allocating the memory.

I think a guy called 'Ben' from google went over this a couple of years ago,
the discussion might still be relevant. His email address contained
'google.com' and he posted on lkml.

Too lazy to google for it now but this will point you in the right
direction.

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO