Re: _High_ CPU usage while routing (mostly) small UDP packets

From: jamal
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 07:35:16 EST

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 05:21, Karsten Desler wrote:

> But looking and the int/s number, I'm not so sure anymore. Is there any
> other way to find out?
>

> # sar -I 169 5 5
> 11:20:05 INTR intr/s
> 11:20:10 169 10401.40

That doesnt seem to be too high.
You have a dual opteron 244. You are supposed to be kicking ass with
that machine - not 200Kpps+ you are getting with all that CPU overload.
Something is wrong with your setup. Unfortunately i cant afford such a
machine so i cant see it right off the bat. I know Robert has at least
one similar machine; maybe he could help. Robert?

cheers,
jamal