Re: what does __foo means.

From: Bodo Eggert
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 10:51:49 EST

krishna wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me does double underscore before a function mean?
> In which scenario a programmer must use it.

---http://www.mozilla.org/hacking/portable-cpp.html---
According to the C++ Standard, 17.4.3.1.2 Global Names [lib.global.names],
paragraph 1:

Certain sets of names and function signatures are always reserved to the
implementation:
Each name that contains a double underscore (__) or begins with an
underscore followed by an uppercase letter (2.11) is reserved to the
implemenation for any use.
Each name that begins with an underscore is reserved to the implementation
for use as a name in the global namespace.
---