Re: [<02282da7>] (usb_hcd_irq+0x0/0x4b) Disabling IRQ #5 - USBDevices

From: Florian Krammel
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 16:03:32 EST

> > As a rule, Linux will be happier without it.
> > Why do you want to enable it?

maybe I don't need it but I want a OS wich is 100% compatible to my
hardware and it's configuration.

> > Have you tried adding "usb-handoff" to your
> > kernel command line? That was added specifically
> > to help work around BIOS bugs like those you've
> > run into ...

"irqpoll" as boot parameter solved my problem. I can try your solution,
too.

> > As a rule, if BIOS bugs affect XP I'd not be surprised
> > if to find them affecting Linux too.

therefore I updated my BIOS allready ;)

> > That was interesting ... not directly related to USB,
> > looks like maybe the "legacy" support didn't work
> > very well either; maybe that's what the BIOS update
> > was solving.

this was not solved by the BIOS update. This takes only affect if the
mouse is not connected to the PS/2 port. 1st my mouse was connected with
the USB port and I connected it via an adapter to the PS/2 port, because
X wthout mouse is futile, and this problem was solved.

mfg
flo
--
Florian Krammel <florian_kr@xxxxxx>