Re: Hard freeze with 2.6.10-rc3 and QoS, worked fine with 2.6.9

From: jamal
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 10:06:44 EST

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 09:32, Thomas Graf wrote:

> I've put together a small testsuite allowing to easly run tests for
> multiple versions of iproute2. It can be found at:
> http://people.suug.ch/~tgr/iproute2/tc-testsuite.tar.gz

Good stuff. Hopefully we can run these tests everytime we make changes
going forward. We cant compromise quality by handwaving on instinct.
Famous last words: "that couldnt have possibly caused a bug down there".
I will take a look at what you have and integrate my 20-30 testcases if
they are not covered over time - or may be adpat what you have to follow
how i do things or maybe i can send them to you and you can integrate
them.

> iproute-2.6.9 was sucessful with all kernels. I couldn't test with the
> old 2.4.7 iproute2 yet since the syntax has changed and I need to adopt
> the tests first. I will create better tests and run it on patrick's
> patch when I get home.

That would be appreaciated.

cheers,
jamal