SO_RCVLOWAT option to socket()

From: Rob Sanders
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 23:08:47 EST

Hey y'all,
Can anyone point me to a resource for why SO_RCVLOWAT is hardcoded to 1 in linux?
If you are using select or poll with timeouts it would be less costly to have the kernel tell you
when all of the data you reqested (via SO_RCVLOWAT) is ready to be read instead of putting
your select/poll followed by read inside a loop to handle any partial data deliveries. I've got some
code that uses SO_RCVLOWAT running under OS X, and it should run under Tru64, but doesn't
do what I want under Linux. The socket man page indicates that SO_RCVLOWAT is hardcoded to 1.
Please respond to me offline if possible, I don't have the time or resources right now to handle the
full subscription to this mailing list. Thank you.

Rob

rarob
at
comcast