Re: How do klogd and syslogd influence code execution timing?

From: Konstantin Kletschke
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 13:11:35 EST

Am 2004-12-10 16:26 -0800 schrieb Andrew Morton:

> The difference is that if klogd is running, a printk() will cause a wakeup

Hm, good that I asked. I know now, the difference is the _running_
klogd...

> to go into the scheduler code, take and release locks, take more time, etc.

scheduler code... take/release locks... I think that works around a Bug
or problem we have in our driver code...
But I will have to search for it since I am a greenhorn in writing
device drivers and locking/protecting critical sections :)

Regards, Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF