Re: Description should be updated

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Sun Dec 12 2004 - 20:12:23 EST

Danny Beaudoin wrote:
Hi again!
In Device Drivers/Graphics Support/Console display driver support/VGA test console (NEW)

drivers/video/console/Kconfig

The description is the following:
"
Saying Y here will allow you to use Linux in text mode through a
display that complies with the generic VGA standard. Virtually
everyone wants that.

The program SVGATextMode can be used to utilize SVGA video cards to
their full potential in text mode. Download it from
<ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/console/>.

Say Y.
"
This is not an option anymore and there is no choice to be made, therefore the user doesn't have to/can't say Y. This should be only a description.

It is an option if EMBEDDED is true or X86 is false.
For usual X86 it is forced to 'y'.
However, if you can suggest some better description,
that's OK too.

Thanks for last time, I hadn't realized that there was a misunderstanding on what I meant
and "Are you sure? It makes sense to me the way it currently is..." made me think that you didn't see the use of having all 'x86' written all the same, with a lowercase x. :-)

Well, good job guys, keep it up!

--
~Randy