Re: 2.6.10-rc3-mm1

From: Felipe Alfaro Solana
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 16:09:38 EST

On 13 Dec 2004, at 19:10, Rudmer van Dijk wrote:

On Monday 13 December 2004 17:15, Marcos D. Marado Torres wrote:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Andrew Morton wrote:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/ 2.6.10-rc3/
2.6.10-rc3-mm1/

- Lots of new patches, lots of little fixes all over the place.

- Probably the major change is the readahead rework, which may have
significant performance impacts on some workloads. Not necessarily
good, either...

- See below for the list of 31 patches which I have pending for 2.6.10.
If there are other patches here which should go in, please let me know.

Greetings,

Fortunately with this -rc3-mm1 I no longer have the acpi_power_off problem
that I had in -rc2-mm's, described in http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/12/12/110 .

OTOH, while I had no problems with the previous mm's or with 2.6.10-rc3,
with -rc3-mm1 kdm has an weird function: with kdm/unstable uptodate
4:3.3.1-3 from Debian it just restarts X when it's going to show the
login/password form, restarting over and over.

saw it too with gdm on Gentoo, I tried to track it down but could not come up
with a solution... I'm now back to rc2-mm4

Seems a problem with an "ioctl" call.