Re: Suspend 2 merge: 50/51: Device mapper support.

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 19:47:27 EST

Hi.

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 07:12, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> [Quick commment only - travelling]
>
> On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 06:57:07AM +1100, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> > If, therefore, we we're using DM crypt to do our
> > I/O, it will help if we can either get it to allocate the memory it will
> > need prior to us preparing the metadata, or get from it an amount of
> > memory to include in the pool, given the maximum amount of I/O we intend
> > to have on the fly at once.
>
> But where does dm-crypt use dm-io?
> dm_get_pages is used by snapshots, mirrors etc.

Sorry for the slow reply. The module isn't just for dm-crypt support,
but for device mapper support in general. I'm seeking to not make
assumptions about what the configuration is, but simply make it support
LVM/md.

Regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ
died for the ungodly. -- Romans 5:6