Re: [2.6 patch] net/decnet/: misc possible cleanups

From: Steven Whitehouse
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 08:32:37 EST

Hi,

In general this looks fine to me. Patrick has the last word though. I
would suggest hanging on to the fast timer code though for now... its
there so that delayed acks can be used and the rest of the code is
very close to actually allowing that to work. The DECnet code has a
habit of sending lots of (rather small) ack packets and it would be nice if
that could be fixed at some stage.

The issues at stake are that it would interact with the code thats working
out what the correct send window is to a certain extent. I know there is
also the argument that it can always be added back should someone have time
to add delayed acks, so I've no strong opinion either way.

Also, when I was writing the routing code - a lot of the design was "borrowed"
from the ipv4 routing code. It might be worth doing a comparison to see where
the two have diverged (something I used to do now and again) to pick up any
bugs I'd inadvertently copied over, if you are working on clean ups in this
area,

Steve.