Re: PCI interrupt lost

From: Dimitris Lampridis
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 06:06:17 EST

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 07:59 -0700, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
> > So, to make things short, my device is generating interrupts, my code
> > has a functioning and registered interrupt routine (/proc/interrupts
> > agrees as well but interrupt count is 0 for the specific IRQ), but no
> > interrupt is ever received from the PCI card.
>
> What does the PCI device report as the interrupt line? What do you
> register with request_irq?

No there's no problem there. I always register the correct interrupt
line (the one that is seen with lspci for example), without explicitly
requesting the number, but by using dev->irq after I've called
pci_enable_device()

> Ps. Isn't there already a driver for that controller?

Yep, and not only one I might add... But none of them is showing the
correct behaviour that a good driver should (in my humble opinion), and
the best efforts are for kernels 2.4

Anyway, thanks

--
Dimitris Lampridis <labis@xxxxxxxxxx>