Re: [discuss] Re: unregister_ioctl32_conversion and modules. ioctl32 revisited.

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 03:43:17 EST

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 12:25:39AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I think Michael's patch is best (but I'm probably biased) because it addresses
> > the independent problem of a race in unregister_ioctl32_conversion() too
> > (and some other smaller issues in ioctl 32bit emulation)
>
> They should be separate patches.

The two new methods (ioctl_native and ioctl_compat) are in the same patch
because they basically touch the same piece of code and would be hard
to separate. The other stuff (actually replacing register_ioctl32_conversion and
converting a few obvious users to use the BKL less fast path) will be addon patches.

> > Andrew, could we replace unlocked_ioctl.patch with Michael's patch?
>
> Where would one locate Michael's patch?

See his mail.

-Andi