Re: 2.6.10-rc3 vs clock

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 12:04:29 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:
At -rc2 my clock kept fairly decent time, but -rc3 is running fast, about 30 seconds an hour fast.

I've been using ntpdate, is that now officially deprecated?

Running ntpd used to keep the clock dead on, now my 2.6 systems all drift one way or the other. I suspect that the system calls used by ntpd have changed somehow, but until I find the time to look harder I can't say that except as conjecture.

The sad thing is that most of the systems have quite good hardware clocks...

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)