Re: bkbits problem?

From: Andrew Walrond
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 16:18:43 EST

On Thursday 16 Dec 2004 19:01, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> Is anyone besides me having difficulty cloning a tree from
> linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 or 2.6?
>
> I keep getting:
>
> [mdharm@g5 mdharm]$ bk clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 linux-405-2.5
> Clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5
> -> file://home/mdharm/linux-405-2.5
> BAD gzip hdr
> read: No such file or directory
> 0 bytes uncompressed to 0, nanX expansion
> sfio errored
>
> I can clone from linuxusb, so I don't _think_ it's a problem on my end...

I reported the same thing on Sunday to the bitkeeper-users ML (see below)
Interestingly, I can 'pull' to an existing linux-2.5 repo now, but clone is
still busted.

bitkeeper-users is deathly quiet. I got no reply since sunday. Has christmas
started early at Bitmovers? ;)

Since yesterday night, when I try a pull an existing clone of
bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.6, I get a hang 20s hang like this:

andrew@orac linux-bk $ bk pull
Pull bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.6
-> file://home/andrew/kernels/linux-bk
Nothing to pull.
[HANG 20s or so]
andrew@orac linux-bk $

If I try to get a new clone, I get some really funky stuff:

andrew@orac test $ bk clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.6
Clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.6
-> file://home/andrew/test/linux-2.5
BAD gzip hdr
read: No such file or directory
0 bytes uncompressed to 0, nanX expansion
sfio errored
andrew@orac test $

Tried on two seperate machines in UK and US, so I don't think its me or
internet breakage...

Andrew Walrond