Re: bkbits problem?

From: Matthew Dharm
Date: Thu Dec 16 2004 - 16:57:16 EST

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 04:45:17PM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:16:57 +0000, Andrew Walrond <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thursday 16 Dec 2004 19:01, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> > > Is anyone besides me having difficulty cloning a tree from
> > > linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 or 2.6?
> > >
> > > I keep getting:
> > >
> > > [mdharm@g5 mdharm]$ bk clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 linux-405-2.5
> > > Clone bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5
> > > -> file://home/mdharm/linux-405-2.5
> > > BAD gzip hdr
> > > read: No such file or directory
> > > 0 bytes uncompressed to 0, nanX expansion
> > > sfio errored
> > >
> > > I can clone from linuxusb, so I don't _think_ it's a problem on my end...
> > >

> > I reported the same thing on Sunday to the bitkeeper-users ML (see below)
> > Interestingly, I can 'pull' to an existing linux-2.5 repo now, but clone is
> > still busted.
>
> Try using http for cloning - worked for me last time (bk clone
> http://linux.....)

HTTP is running right now. The speed leaves something to be desired, but
at least I'm getting a copy of the tree...

It's interesting that it only affects some trees and not others.

For reference, I'm in the USA (California) running on ARCH=ppc .

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm Home: mdharm-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'll scuff my feet on the carpet and zap your nose hairs unless you
TALK mister!! Who put you up to this?
-- Pitr
User Friendly, 3/30/1998