Re: Linux 2.6.9-ac16

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Fri Dec 17 2004 - 09:52:42 EST

Chris Ross wrote:

Alan Cox escreveu:

Further small fixes for different minor things. A merge of some of the small
cleanups from Fedora work and also the fixes for the igmp and vc holes.

This kernel still suffers from the faulty OOM killing troubles of vanilla 2.6.9. Could you please pick up at least one of the recent fixes for this problem, such as as Rik van Riel's?

Can someone point me to his patch? I've been working on and off to try and get reasonable OOM behaviour. As it stands, 2.6.10-rc2-mm4 still shows nasty behaviour in OOM conditions, killing off more tasks than strictly required, and locking up the system for 10-15secs while doing it.

I'd be much happier doing a quick and dirty scan and knocking off something *now* rather than locking up the system. Surely it can't take 60 billion cycles of cpu time to pick a task to kill.

Chris