Re: [BUG] 2.6.10-rc3 snd-powermac crash

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 13:31:49 EST

At Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:55:17 +0100,
Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 17:21 +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > Well, the volume and PCM shouldn't be racy. I'd first suspect another
> > bug in PCM OSS emulation code...
> >
> > Could you compile with CONFIG_SND_DEBUG=y and see whether it catches
> > anything?
>
> Didn't catch anything. However, I reproduced it a bit differently this
> time, it didn't try to jump into a NULL pointer in the rate "plugin",
> but rather went into resample and died there on a data access exception
> to some corrupt pointer.

Hmm, we had once a compiler problem about rate.c. The problem was
fixed when you compiled with frame pointer.
I don't seriously think this is related with your problem, though.

> I don't have a 100% reprocase yet, it seem to be related to playing with
> an OSS mixer while using an OSS app (like xmms), that is basically
> having 2 things opening the OSS emulation, and one of them closing it,
> or something like that, causing the rate plugin (and maybe more) to be
> tore down, while still in use by the other app (looks like a
> use-after-free).

OK, I'll try to reproduce on my system (emulating - currently I have
no powermac systems here). Is the SRC from 48k to 44.1k Hz?

Takashi