2.6.9: VIA sATA cannot switch to 32bit I/O?

From: Jan Marek
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 09:46:09 EST

Hallo l-k,

I have problem with my Abit AV8 MB (s939 with VIA KT800Pro chipset and
VIA sATA controller and 120GB Seagate Barracuda disk): I cannot switch
32bit access to disk to on?! I'm using libata driver...

When I use hdparm -c1 /dev/sda, I've got some error message (sorry, I
haven't this message here, it's my home computer). Therefore disk is too
slow to putting data for burning CD's and I need 'burnfree' feature...

Please, have anyone advice for me to speedup disk access, or is it
possible?

Sincerely
Jan Marek
--