2.4.28, 64GB highmem, keyboard conflict on Tyan MB

From: James D. Freels
Date: Fri Dec 24 2004 - 10:52:26 EST

I have two dual-processor Xeon machines set up in a similar manner.
Both have 4GB of main memory. Machine A utilizes an Intel MB. In order
to take advantage of all the memory, the 64GB highmem option must be
selected. If I select only the 4GB option, not quite all of the memory
is used. Everything works fine on this machine.

Machine B utilizes a Tyan MB. If I select the 4GB highmem option,
everything works fine except not all the memory is available (only
3616824K shows from "top"). Now if I try to select the 64GB highmem
option similar to Machine A (after recompiling the kernel and trying to
boot), the machine will not boot and the error message displayed to the
console says "missing keyboard".

I have a true ps/2 keyboard on both machines as well as ps/2 mouse.

How can I correct this problem ? Will I need to change to a USB
keyboard/mouse for this MB ?