Re: [Ipsec] Issue on input process of Linux native IPsec

From: Park Lee
Date: Fri Dec 24 2004 - 14:24:52 EST

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 at 01:23, David Dillow wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 22:29 -0800, Park Lee wrote:
> > Thanks.
> > But, After a packet was received, It has already
> > been processed by xfrm4_rcv(), xfrm4_rcv_encap(),
> > ah_input(), esp_input(),etc. so, I think that
> > there is no need to search(or created) a bundle
> > everytime a packet is recieved, since it has
> > already been processed. Am I right?
>
> Are you sure you're not seeing the creation of a
> reply packet? Unless you're testing with UDP and a
> listening socket on the receiver, you're going to
> get a response packet if the incoming packet makes
> it through the iptables rules. You were testing
> with ICMP echo requests (ping), if I recall.
>
> I think either you're basing your idea of the
> packet flow on printk()'s,or I'm just too tired and
> missing where xfrm_lookup() gets called on the
> rx path...

Yes, I'm testing with ping and basing my idea of the
packet flow on printk().

> (yes, sk can be NULL there, but I was wrong about
> it being called for Rx'd packets, I think).

Does this mean that when the reply (response) packet
is sending out through xfrm_lookup(), the sk parameter
of xfrm_lookup() will not be NULL? and When the
incoming packet itself goes through xfrm_lookup(), the
sk parameter will be NULL?

Thank you
and
Merry Christmas.