Re: lease.openlogging.org is unreachable

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Sat Dec 25 2004 - 20:13:47 EST

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 01:20:34AM -0500, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
> lease.openlogging.org is unreachable today.

Yup it is, I'm trying to reboot it remotely but it doesn't seem to want
to come up. I'll go in and figure it out, it will be about 30 minutes
before I can get there though.

> So I guess I need to set up a cron job to renew my lease every
> minute/hour/day/whatever so I can actually download new kernel
> releases when they come out? I can't even examine the code I
> downloaded yesterday without that lease... Now that's what I call
> having my source code held hostage!

We'll put an offsite backup in place so it will take two failures to
cause you a problem.

In general the leases are good for 30 days so only a few people should
be effected by this.
--
---
Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com http://www.bitkeeper.com