Re: Understanding how kernel functions works and adding new one

From: sean
Date: Sat Dec 25 2004 - 23:17:03 EST

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 08:15:04AM -0500, Jim Nelson wrote:

> There are a number of good books written on the kernel - Linux Device
> Drivers is due to have its third edition released in February. I'm glad -
> my second edition copy is starting to look a little ragged from constant
> reference.

In addition to this book, another one that I have found to be an
excellent source is, Understanding the Linux Kernel. There's a second
edition available now here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0596002130/ref=pd_qpt_gw_2/103-9996868-5870242 and I imagine that another will be released in the not too distance
future, which will cover the 2.6 kernel. It wouldn't surprise me if
somebody here is inside information on a new edition.

Good luck,

--
Sean