Re: lease.openlogging.org is unreachable

From: James Bottomley
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 11:13:30 EST

> The interesting thing is that the code already has a backup in it and I just
> checked that code path and it works.
>
> Has anyone else been shut down because of lease.openlogging.org being down
> and if so what version of BK were you running please?

I believe I've reported this problem to you and support@xxxxxxxxxxxx
several times.

There's something in BK that refuses to work when it can't contact
lease.openlogging.org, regardless of whether you just renewed the lease
or not. This keeps biting me when I try to use BK disconnected from the
internet (usually while travelling).

This problem is certainly my single biggest headache with BK since it
means I can't go through my backlog of email and build the SCSI BK tree
when I'm travelling (which is often the only time I have available for
doing it).

My current version is bk 3.2.3 but it's been a problem on all prior
versions I've used as well.

James