Re: [BK] disconnected operation

From: Martin Dalecki
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 15:33:14 EST

On 2004-12-26, at 19:41, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, Larry McVoy wrote:

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 10:43:13AM -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 08:27 -0800, Larry McVoy wrote:
I suspect that your hostname changes when you disconnect. Leases are
issued on a per host basis. If you make your hostname constant when
you unplug it should work. If it doesn't, let us know.

Well, that's a new one, but no, I have a fixed hostname which dhcp is
forbidden from changing.

Let's do a little poll here to find out if it is specific to you or if
this is a problem that everyone is having. Could we get people who
use BK disconnected to stand up and be counted? Does this work for
anyone?

I use it whilst on travel too, however i do not have a similar problem as
described by James but i've noticed that simple operations like `bk vi
filename` take extremely long;

There are very few name-service implementations out there with proper
error handling out there. Sad world this is ;-) ...