Re: Linux 2.6.10-ac1

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 12:59:28 EST

On Llu, 2004-12-27 at 15:54, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
> Ah, so the problem only affects native PCI IRQs.
> Is it possible that it is a buggy IDE host driver not a generic IDE problem?

More likely it is a core problem. I'm still stomping 400nS timing
violations and you don't have all of those let alone the other locking
stuff. Nor are we anywhere remotely near fixing them. Blaming the host
driver at this point seems a bit early for any IDE bug.

There certainly are corner cases where APIC timing for PIII especially
would radically change behaviour. We also exercise IRQ masking far
harder than any other driver with IDE.

Alan