Re: [RFC] pid randomness

From: Pedro Venda (SYSADM)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 15:08:54 EST

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
I don't know if this has been discussed before... but I'd like to ask why isn't
the pids randomized by default?
What are the pros and cons of this? What are your oppinions on this subjet?

Why would _you_ need it?

It's a simple security measure that I think is easy to implement.

I'd agree that it's not there because of the golden rule: "keep it simple", but I'd also like to know if that's really the reason it's not there.

and yes, I know there are some patch sets that already implement this.

regards,
pedro venda.
--
Pedro João Lopes Venda