Re: SG_GET_VERSION_NUM rejected on scsi device?

Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 17:59:50 EST

> good evening,
>
> I have a old Plextor CD-R, native scsi, attached to an AHA_2940.
> now, I do an ioctl(SG_GET_VERSION_NUM) (0x2282), and that fails:
>
> open("/dev/sr0", O_RDONLY) = 3
> ioctl(3, 0x2282, 0xbffff660) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)

on the other hand, this ioctl works perfectly with 2.6.10:

bash-2.05# ./sg_simple /dev/sr0
v30527
Some of the INQUIRY command's response:
PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W124TS 1.00
INQUIRY duration=1 millisecs, resid=40

unfortunately, I cannot switch to 2.6 easily. one reason
is that the pcnet32 driver does not work. at least, with
2.6.10, it does not crash the machine anymore (as it did with
2.6.7), however
NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
eth1: transmit timed out, status 03f3, resetting.

and I do *not* want to buy a new network card just because
I switch kernels.

/herp