Re: Trying out SCHED_BATCH

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 02:21:55 EST

Paolo Ciarrocchi <paolo.ciarrocchi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Andrew,
> what's your plan for the staircase scheduler ?

I have none, frankly. I haven't seen any complaints about the current
scheduler.

If someone can identify bad behaviour in the current scheduler which
staircase improves then please describe a tescase which the scheduler
developers can use to reproduce the situation.

If, after that, we deem that the problem cannot be feasibly fixed within the
context of the current scheduler and that the problem is sufficiently
serious to justify wholesale replacement of the scheduler then sure,
staircase is an option.