Stack guards, PaX and such

From: David Jacoby
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 04:22:22 EST

Hi everyone!

I hope you had an nice and relaxing x-mas and are ready for a nice new years eve.
I just have a little question, i really dont if this has ben discussed before, but if it
has im really sorry.

Why aint there any stack protectors such as PaX or something similar on the Linux
kernel? Couldent it be an idea for the Linux Development Team to create something
that will protect against the most known attacks? Im not talking about preventling everything
because thats impossible and there will always be some way to trick these protectors. But
remove most of the "attacks".

//David

--
Outpost24 AB