Re: Unable to find syscall number for some system calls

From: bert hubert
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 17:06:17 EST

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 08:29:05PM -0800, selvakumar nagendran wrote:

> I am intercepting system calls in 2.4.28 kernel
> for my project work. While I was looking for syscall
> numbers for system calls related to semaphores like
> semop,semget..the appropriate numbers were missing in
> the asm/unistd.h file. For other system calls like
> sys_pipe numbers are present in the above file. What

Well, you also won't find sys_connect as these are all wrapped in
sys_socketcall. For intel, it turns out that it has been decided to wrap all
sem*() calls in sys_ipc().

./asm-i386/unistd.h:#define __NR_ipc 117

The 'royal way' to figure these things out is to trace the path from
semget() in libc to the kernel. You can download glibc from the GNU site I
think.

Good luck!

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software