Resource unavailabilty on a syscall

From: selvakumar nagendran
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 01:10:07 EST

Thanks for ur help,
For a syscall to complete successfully, a process
should acquire the particular resource like
filelock,semaphore key etc. Now, I want to determine
whether a process blocked only due to the
unavailability of a semaphore key or a file lock etc.
I accept a process may block on a syscall for many
reasons. But I want to determine it for resource
starvation alone. How can I do that?
Do u have any suggestions regarding this?

Regards,
selva