Re: Kernel 2.6.10 Can't Open Initial Console on FC3

From: Mike Houston
Date: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 02:14:26 EST

Hello,

It is because you need to use an initrd. Your device nodes in
FC3 are being managed by udev, and you otherwise won't have a
/dev/console or /dev/hda at that stage of the boot. There's also the
matter of LVM, if your root partition is a logical volume. Another
reason you might need an initrd.

Your mkinitrd script in FC3 will take care of these matters for you.

Mike