2.6.9 & 2.6.10 unresponsive to keyboard upon bootup

From: Roey Katz
Date: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 03:29:41 EST

Hello,

Upon bootup, kernels 2.6.9 and 2.6.10 do not respond to keyboard input (e.g., I enter a few chars at the prompt but I see nothing). I can SSH into the system, though, but I don't know what to do from there. I used the .config from my 2.6.7 kernel, which works properly (I did run 'make oldconfig'). In all .config files, I have the following:

CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD=y
# CONFIG_KEYBOARD_SUNKBD is not set
# CONFIG_KEYBOARD_LKKBD is not set
# CONFIG_KEYBOARD_XTKBD is not set
# CONFIG_KEYBOARD_NEWTON is not set

So that looks OK... I also SSH'd into the system, did a 'cat /dev/input/event0' and typed on the system's keyboard, but 'cat' remained silent. Perhaps there is a better way to see if the system is recognizing the keyboard input (or even seeing the keyboard itself). I give up.. what am I doing wrong???

Thanks,

Roey Katz PS: please CC responses to roey at freeshell dot org, thanks!