Re: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe and Intel Pro/1000

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 21:07:28 EST

Terry Hardie wrote:
On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Bill Davidsen wrote:

Since I flashed my bios, no more problems, so I've had no more failures

I hesitate to try that, since the web page says you must use "real DOS"
and gives instructions for creating the FD using that. Since I lack both
DOS and a floppy, that does present problems...

Not even a windows XP machine you can use to make a boot floppy?

I can write the firmware on a CD and use an XP machine in several places, but then I have no place to stick the floppy after I write it...

Guess I can try writing the floppy as a 1.44 bootable image on a CD, but that is really ugly. A lot of people say they have given up Windows, but the hardware vendors haven't.

Thanks for the pointer in any case, it looks as if my P4P800-E mobo will need the same flash, I'll stick a floppy in that one when I assemble it.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO TMR Associates, Inc