Re: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe and Intel Pro/1000

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 19:38:43 EST

Klaus Kurzmann wrote:
* Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> [050115 06:13]:

Terry Hardie wrote:

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Bill Davidsen wrote:

Since I flashed my bios, no more problems, so I've had no more failures

I hesitate to try that, since the web page says you must use "real DOS"
and gives instructions for creating the FD using that. Since I lack both
DOS and a floppy, that does present problems...

Not even a windows XP machine you can use to make a boot floppy?

I can write the firmware on a CD and use an XP machine in several places, but then I have no place to stick the floppy after I write it...

the P4P800-E should have EZ-flash. No need for boot floppies. Just put
the ROM-Image on a CD (or floppy) and press Alt-F2 on startup:

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/ezflash.htm

And that should do it! Thank you so much.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO TMR Associates, Inc