Re: starting with 2.7

From: Alan Cox
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 17:25:15 EST

On Llu, 2005-01-03 at 19:26, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> Agreed. We (whoever "we" are) have erred too much on longer
> cycles for stability, but it's not working out as hoped IMO.

After 2.6.9-ac its clear that the long 2.6.9 process worked very badly.
While 2.6.10 is looking much better its long period meant the allegedly
"official" base kernel was a complete pile of insecure donkey turd for
months. That doesn't hurt most vendor users but it does hurt those
trying to do stuff on the base kernels very badly.

Alan