Re: starting with 2.7

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 17:49:56 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:
On Mon, Jan 03 2005, Bill Davidsen wrote:

SCSI command filtering - while I totally support the idea (and always
have), I miss running cdrecord as a normal user. Multisession doesn't work
as a normal user (at least if you follow the man page) because only root
can use -msinfo. There's also some raw mode which got a permission denied,
don't remember as I was trying something not doing production stuff.

So look at dmesg, the kernel will dump the failed command. Send the
result here and we can add that command, done deal. 2.6.10 will do this
by default.

Is this enough? I'm building 2.6.10-bk6 on a spare machine to try this on a system with a "scsi" CD interface via USB. The commands appear to go through the same process, but I'll know in an hour or so.

I was going to look these up before suggesting that they were trustworthy, but I'll take this as a offer to do that and accept! Obviously security comes first, if these are not trustworthy I won't argue for their inclusion.

kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3 FS on hdb1, internal journal
scsi: unknown opcode 0x01
scsi: unknown opcode 0x55
scsi: unknown opcode 0x1e