Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [XEN] using shmfs for swapspace

From: Mark Williamson
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 22:12:38 EST

> for doing opportunistic page recycling ("I dont need this page but when
> I ask for it back please tell me if you trashed the content")

We've talked about doing this but AFAIK nobody has gotten round to it yet
because there hasn't been a pressing need (IIRC, it was on the todo list when
Xen 1.0 came out).

IMHO, it doesn't look terribly difficult but would require (hopefully small)
modifications to the architecture independent code, plus a little bit of
support code in Xen.

I'd quite like to look at this one fine day but I suspect there are more
useful things I should do first...

Cheers,
Mark